Expunging A Conviction For A Fresh Start

A foolish mistake or poor decision can result in the loss of certain rights. If you lost your firearm and voting rights because of a criminal conviction, Durflinger Oliver & Associates PS can help restore your rights.

Why Vacate A Conviction?

You might ask, “Why should I bother to vacate my criminal conviction?” If you can vacate a criminal conviction, you should because once vacated, you can honestly say that you have never been convicted of a crime. And once your conviction is vacated, the new history gets reported to the Washington State Patrol, which then updates your history with the FBI and the National Criminal Index Center. People doing a background check on you through WSP or the FBI will see that your criminal charge was dismissed and you were never convicted. It can also help get your firearm and voting rights back, but it’s not required.

Do Crimes Automatically Drop Off My Record?

Many people don’t realize that you don’t automatically get your rights back after a certain period of time. If you want to regain your rights, you must ask (petition) the court for permission. If you’ve done everything you’re supposed to, enough time has passed and your paperwork is properly completed, the judge will probably sign paperwork to restore your rights.

Can I Do Everything Myself?

Our firm has spent a lot of time in court restoring gun rights, and our attorneys have seen a lot of people clean up their history themselves. We’ve also helped a lot of people who started the process themselves and hit some sort of roadblock— so they came to us, and we got it done. Our legal team includes former prosecutors and seasoned criminal attorneys with years of experience at cleaning up criminal histories, restoring rights and helping relieve clients of sex offender registration requirements.

Contact Us To Arrange A Free Consultation

Call 253-666-8927 or email the firm today to discuss expungement eligibility with an experienced attorney. We offer a military discount and convenient payment plans. You can trust our attorneys to give you the best advice about all your options.