Legal damages are the loss or harm resulting from injuries to a person. Injured persons in Washington are entitled to financial compensation for damages suffered as a result of another person’s carelessness. Common damages generally available in a Washington State personal injury case include:
- Current and future treatment costs – These damages include all treatment bills and related expenses. You’re entitled to be paid back for things like crutches, braces and wheelchairs, and walkers, for instance. Damages also include the various therapies used to treat mental and physical injuries, including traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Pain and suffering – A Pierce County personal injury lawyer will examine your medical records. That allows the lawyer to determine the type and seriousness of your injuries, and how long you were in pain.
- Mental injuries – Your Tacoma attorney will also review medical records with an eye on your brain and mind. That is necessary to determine the extent of any mental or emotional damage you may have suffered in your accident. Psychological injuries include fear, PTSD, anxiety, guilt, depression, and apprehensiveness.
- Loss of consortium – Personal injuries can hurt more than your body and mind; they can affect relationships. Sometimes intimacy, affection, and your relationship, generally, can be affected by a car crash. If this happened to you because of an injury, your spouse might also have a claim for damages.
- Lost wages – The person who wrongfully caused your injuries can be on the hook for any lost wages related to your accident. Lost wages include any decrease in pay in your future.
- Property damage – This includes anything of yours damaged in the accident. Your car or motorcycle is the most obvious thing damaged in a collision. Still, the crash may have damaged other things such as clothing cut off by paramedics, glasses broken by your airbag, etc.
Personal Injury Claim Value
No personal injury attorney can value your claim until you’ve completed treatment. An experienced Tacoma personal injury lawyer will only estimate the value of your claim after your done treating. They will also need to review all of your treatment records. Beware of any lawyer who tells estimates your claim’s value at your initial meeting. They can’t possibly give you an accurate estimate, so your expectations will be off.
A Tacoma personal injury case can be complicated, with a lot of variables. Get medical treatment before you call Durflinger Oliver & Associates. Our experienced attorneys will do everything possible to get you the best compensation for your Tacoma injury claim.
Contact a Tacoma Personal Injury Attorney
A Tacoma car crash can cause more than just temporary injuries. Some accidents cause serious, permanent injuries that can result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in treatment and rehab. If you missed work, it could be even harder to deal with everything on your own. We’re here to take the weight off of your shoulders.
Working with an experienced Tacoma personal injury attorney can make a tremendous difference in the outcome of your claim. If you or a loved one was injured in a Tacoma accident, call Durflinger Oliver for a no-cost consultation on your case – office.